Download the brochure (PDF)
Travel training is a FREE service provided by Active Care Network supported by funding from Transport for NSW. Our trainers will help you gain confidence and teach you how to use public transport so you can learn how to travel independently.
Everyone can benefit from travel training including:
- Older people who no longer drive or drive limited distances.
- People with a disability or limited mobility.
- Young people with a disability who need to catch public transport to school, TAFE, university, work or day programs.
- People who are isolated due to lack of confidence using public transport.
Individual Support is tailored to your needs and can include:
- How to plan your trip using timetables and / or apps.
- A trainer going with you on a selected journey.
- What to do if things don’t go to plan.
- Reviewing your journey
Group Information Session
Your group can book a session on purchasing, using & topping up your Opal card. We can provide information to your group on a range of topics relating to using public transport.
Contact our friendly team today to discuss:
- How learning to confidently use public transport can increase your independence.
- Booking Travel Training.
- Booking a group session.
If you would like to discuss Travel Training please contact our office on 02 4722 3083.